MacOS TBT3-UDC1 Ethernet Not Showing

Unwrapped and connected new TBT3-UDC1 to macOS Sonoma 14.2.1. Video and Power working fine, no sign of the ethernet though. Reading posts from 3 years ago this was an issue with Mac Realtek drivers, still true?

I see a new en5 in system report and added a 10/100/1000 service to the bridge device, rebooted, powered stuff down and up, still no ethernet showing in system settings. Can anyone help plse?

Hello there,

Thank you for reaching out on the forums!

I am sorry to hear that you are running into issues with your TBT3-UDC1, but I would be happy to help diagnose the issues here.

Can you send a screenshot of your network settings while the dock and Ethernet are connected so I can see what network adapters are listed? If you are uncomfortable with sending them in this forum, you can also send them directly to us at support@plugable.com with the subject line “Ticket #422551”.

Thank you,

Evan

Plugable Technologies

www.plugable.com/support

Thanks for picking this up, happy to share here in case others benefit! Seems I can only share one per post though … 1 of 3

2 of 3

3 of 3

Bonus, there was really 4 … so 4 of 3 in a fashion :slight_smile:

Hello Alan,

Thank you for the response. It does appear that macOS is detecting the dock’s Ethernet controller based on the 4th picture.

Networking issues such as these can be difficult to troubleshoot as there are many potential factors that could be causing this. Could you let me know a few details on how your setup is connected to the internet? Are you going straight from the dock to a router, or are you using an ethernet switch in between?

Additionally, are you able to swap in a spare ethernet cable to replace the one in use? If we can see that the same problem happens with a different ethernet cable, we can investigate other factors from there.

Thank you,

Evan

Plugable Technologies

www.plugable.com/support

Hi Evan,

Cables are to a switch, switch to router, router to fibre termination etc.

Swapped over with a working wired laptop on same switch. Other laptop works on either cable.

So, somewhere in macOS it doesn’t like it. Any tracing we can switch on you know of, or logs that might tell us why it’s not appearing as a configurable service?

Thanks
Alan

Hello Alan,

Thank you for the response.

At this point, I’d like to request that you collect some logs from your device using our PlugDebug diagnostics tool. With everything still attached to the dock (even if it appears to not be working) please follow the instructions on our PlugDebug page and send the ZIP file directly to us at support@plugable.com with the subject line “Ticket #422551”.

Thank you,

Evan

Plugable Technologies

www.plugable.com/support

Hi folks

Not sure what gremlins are in the machine but I switched everything on this morning and it all just worked. I have no clue what was wrong, but thought it best to let you know in case you can see anything from the logs.

Cheers
Alan

Hello Alan,

Thank you for the response, and I am glad to hear that the dock seems to be working as expected now.

I will keep the log files on hand for reference in case an issue pops up again, so please keep me updated.

Thank you!

Evan
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.