MacbookPro restarts often when plugged into dock

I have a brand new 2019 MacBookPro (which has been completely system checked recently by Apple) plugged into the TBT3-UDV docking station. I am using the proper thunderbolt cable provided with the dock. Also plugged into the dock is a USB hub, a 2nd monitor via the Display Port and a USB SSD Seagate drive, keyboard, mouse, and ethernet. The Mac is plugged into the thunderbolt port marked as the charging port.

I always plug the mac in/out of the dock in its closed state. Sometimes I use it in the dock, using an external keyboard and mouse and external monitor. Often I remove the mac from the dock and use elsewhere. In either case, sometimes when I return to the Mac it has totally restarted, usually with a Kernel Panic on the Mac. This can happen whether I use it at or away from the dock. It doesn’t always do it, but probably like 1 in 3 times.

Would appreciate help, thanks.
Graeme

Hello Graeme,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support! Sorry to hear about this issue. I’d be more than happy to assist you.

We have a troubleshooting tool that helps us find out what is going on in situations like this. Please plug the dock into your computer, then go to this page and follow the instructions there:

http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug

Please don’t hesitate to let us know of other questions.

Thanks again for contacting Plugable support and best wishes!

Joshua Henry

Senior Engineer | Product Owner
Plugable Technologies

Thanks. As per your instructions, as soon as I encounter the error, I’ll run the tool.

Hello Joshua,
I’m emailing the diagnostic zip file to support now.
The filename is: Graemes-MacBook-Pro.local_20200903_194342.zip
Thanks,
Graeme

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.