Thank you for reaching out to Plugable support!
Our UD-ULTCDL docking station features 3 video outputs, including 1x HDMI 1.4 output capable of 4K 30Hz, 1x HDMI 1.3, and 1x DVI/VGA outputs support 1080p 60Hz.
The UD-ULTC4K supports 3 video outputs, including 1x HDMI 1.4 output capable of 4K 30Hz , and 2x DisplayPort 1.2 (DP++) outputs capable of 4K 60Hz .
I would recommend our UD-ULTC4K docking station to connect multiple 4k monitors.
Additionally, I’ve included the necessary DisplayLink Software installation instructions.
This software will need to be installed on your Mac to drive any of our DisplayLink-driven docks.
1) Disconnect the dock from the system, and please remove the power cable from the dock so it turns off completely (this is important, so the unit resets). Please keep it disconnected until the last step
2) Uninstall any and all software with ‘DisplayLink’ in the title that is present from within the Application Folder by moving it into the Trash and Don’t worry if these entries are not present or if the process does not work, move onto the next step
3) Once the Programs has been uninstalled, reboot your computer (even if not prompted to)
4) Download and install the 1.2 DisplayLink software (https://plugable.s3.amazonaws.com/bin/DisplayLink/DisplayLink+Manager+Graphics+Connectivity+1.2.pkg)
Special permissions need to be enabled in macOS*
5) Click on the DisplayLink Manager app icon from the notification area to open the app window. This confirms the software is installed and running properly.
Select “Launch automatically after logging-in” for the software to start automatically every time you log-in.
Reattach the power cable to the dock first. Once the dock is powered on, reconnect the dock to your system
Navigate to your System Preferences to open Security & Privacy
Enable “Screen Recording” to allow the DisplayLink Manager app to capture pixels and send them to your USB peripheral:
- Please select the "Privacy” tab.
- Navigate to “Screen Recording” in the list on the left.
- Then tick the “Screen Recording” permission for DisplayLink Manager.
9) Because the new permission will only be active the next time you start the application, macOS will invite you to “Quit & Reopen.” In Catalina 10.15.x, please select “Quit Now.” Please accept.
More info about this process can be found here.
If these steps help, great! If not, I’d like to request some logs from your system to investigate further. Could you please keep the Plugable dock connected to your system (with the non-working displays attached), then navigate to our PlugDebug tool (https://plugable.com/support/plugdebug) and follow the instructions there? Please include “Ticket 333327” in the subject.
Thanks for giving us a chance to help!