Macbook Pro late 2013 connecting to Samsung 49" Ultrawide with Plugable Docking Station

I have a Macbook Pro 2013 which only has USB3 and Thunderbolt 2 ports .
Recently I have purchased a Samsung gaming monitor 49" Ultrawide /Resolution 3880 to 1440 .
When I connect my laptop to monitor via HDMI my 2nd Display is on 3840/1080 which is good as I only intend to use this display and not laptop display.

I was wondering , if this product in-between could help me to connect without using HDMI on my laptop and instead connect my monitor to Plugable , my main concern here is resolution :

Product link on UK Amazon :
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00GQ3685Q/?coliid=IA4FG283COFG3&colid=1PD20P8A4W7JG&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

***If usb 3 Docking Station Doesn’t support the resolution on my 49" monitor , Can I buy a
USB C (Thunderbolt 3) Docking station and connect it to my laptop with usb 3 male/thunderbolt3 female Adaptor ? (since my laptop don’t have the port for usb C ) and Run high quality resolution that way ?
I have been searching for the for the last 3 days hours and hours /even apple support etc and could not find any answer but I am hoping here people understand more about ports and connectivity .

***Please bare in mind that my monitor is Ultra-wide // very big 49" (probably biggest on the market ) with a very unusual resolution as original .

Any other suggestion using other ports like Thunderbolt 2 or other devices welcome .

Thanks in advance for your help .

Hi Lily,

Thank you for posting!

I can see that you also reached out to us directly via support@plugable.com, and I have just sent my direct reply. To help cover all bases, I am repeating the bulk of that reply below.

Given the specifications of the system you are using, I am afraid Plugable does not offer any products that are compatible with your system that would meet your needs. To expand further, the USB 3.0 Universal Laptop Docking Station you linked to is not supported with the Mac platform, and we do our best to call this out in our product listings. Your system does not have Thunderbolt 3 or USB-C ports built-in, so as a result it is not compatible with Thunderbolt 3 or USB-C docking station products.

Apologies we do not have a solution to offer in this specific case…

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.