MacBook Pro (15in 2017) v 10.12.6, DisplayPort not working - TBT3-UDV

MacBook Pro (15in 2017) v 10.12.6, DisplayPort not working. Using USB-c and Display Port. USBC works but DisplayPort not working. Cable good because replacing CalDigit device works with same configuration. Upgrading to get more USB ports (Maybe switching back if issue)

I decided just to return it for another unit that I know works.

Hi Brian,

Thanks for posting, and I am sorry that your new dock is not working as expected.

Completely understand your decision to return the dock given the frustration, but if you have not yet started the process we would be happy to help troubleshoot the problem. If we are unsuccessful in resolving the issue we can also help facilitate a return of the dock to us directly (we will of course pay for the return shipping) which should get you your refund faster.

That said, two quick questions for you…first can you let me know the brand and specific model display you are connecting to the dock’s DisplayPort output?

Second, can you confirm that you using a standard DisplayPort to DisplayPort cable (a cable with a DisplayPort connector on both ends) that meets the DP 1.2 specification to connect your monitor to the dock?

Thank you for giving us the chance to help!

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support