Macbook Air 2017 not connecting to monitors via Plugable USB 3.0 or USB C to HDMI Adapter for Dual Monitors, Universal Video Graphics Adapter for Mac and Windows, Thunderbolt 3/4, USB 3.0 or USB-C, 1080p@60H

I was trying to connect the following adapter with Macbook Air 2017 and 2 monitors.

Plugable USB 3.0 or USB C to HDMI Adapter for Dual Monitors, Universal Video Graphics Adapter for Mac and Windows, Thunderbolt 3/4, USB 3.0 or USB-C, 1080p@60Hz.

It shows “Universal Graphic Adapter” after plugging in, and then goes to power save mode.

I checked the device with a Lenovo Thinkpad and everything is working fine. I installed the Display Link software DisplayLink Manager App version 1.8 as my OS version 12.5.1 MacOS Monterey. Is there a way I work this out? Please advise.

Hello, and thank you for contacting Plugable!

I’m sorry to hear that your new UGA-HDMI-2S is not working as expected with your macOS device.

Our UGA-HDMI-2S is a Silicon Motion based device, and does not actually require or use the DisplayLink Manager. It instead uses the Silicon Motion InstantView software.

You can find instructions on how to install this software here. → https://kb.plugable.com/en_US/docking-stations-and-video/1237488-silicon-motion-instantview-installation-instructions-for-macos-10-15-and-later

Please feel free to uninstall the DisplayLink software if you do not currently have another DisplayLink device.

Once again we apologize for the trouble, and I look forward to your reply.

Sean
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.