I’m interested in purchasing a system that will allow me to switch between my mac and pc. I have the following:
- Macbook Pro Laptop 15"
- PC Desktop - Dell Precision 7500 with NVIDIA Quadro 4000
- Wireless keyboard
- Wireless mouse
- HP ZR30w monitor - w/HDMI adapter
- Wacom Citiq monitor - w/DMI adapter
I’ve watched a few of the videos at your site but its not entirely clear as to what products I need to purchase. I’m thinking that I need:
- PLUGABLE USB 3.0 SHARING SWITCH
- PLUGABLE USB-C DOCKING STATION
But I don’t see how that will support my two monitors.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your message.
Unfortunately I don’t think we have a workable solution for what you would like to accomplish.
• Even for our docking stations that support 2K @ 60hz, we specify this as being 2560x1440 and your HP monitor is 2560x1600.
• The USB-C/USB Type-C docking stations will only work with systems that have USB-C, and we don’t currently have a USB-C sharing switch. There isn’t currently a MacBook Pro with USB-C.
• Another thing to keep in mind is that displays that are running through DisplayLink will not use the native graphics capability of your system. This would likely be a problem for any 3D graphics software that you might use on the Cintiq or HP monitor, particularly given the workstation GPU you have.
You may want to look into DisplayPort-capable KVM switches as an alternative solution to keep native graphics capability of your computers and support the full capabilities of your monitor.
I know this likely is not the answer you were hoping for, but I hope it helps.
All the best,