Mac OS Sonoma Update: Single Display Only

Hello,

I updated to Sonoma and am experiencing the same issue with my new UD-6950PDZ display. It worked well for a few moments and then I updated my Macbook to Sonoma and it did not work after.

This is a replacement station after the first had a similar issue prior to the update.

Is there an update on the drivers coming? Or, can someone troubleshoot?

Thank you

Hi,

Thanks for contacting us! I am sorry this is not working as expected.

The UD-6950PDZ USB Type-C Triple Display Docking Station is compatible with macOS 14 Sonoma with the DisplayLink Manager App version 1.9. DisplayLink Manager App version 1.8 and earlier are not supported for macOS 14.

Our first step is to ensure the DisplayLink Manager App is running on the computer and check for any errors, the DisplayLink Manager App must be running for the DisplayLink controlled display(s) to be detected and active on the system:

1. Disconnect the dock from the system
  2. Check for the DisplayLink Manager App icon in the macOS status bar, to the left of the clock ( underlined red in my example below ):
    macOS-DisplayLink-Icon-underlined
    2a) If you do not see this icon:
    2b) Open the Finder > Go > Applications window
    2c) Double-click on the “DisplayLink Manager App”
  3. Click on the DisplayLink Manager App icon in the macOS status bar to expand the application window
    3a) The DisplayLink Manager App version number is at the bottom of the drop-down, it should be version 1.9 for macOS 14, please let me know the version installed on this computer
  4. Check the box to “Launch app automatically after logging-in” if not already checked
  5. Check for any error messages in this window, error messages generally have a yellow triangle with exclamation point
    5a) Most error messages will include instructions for resolving the error
    5b) Clicking on the error message should open any settings panels necessary to resolve the error
    5c) If you see any error messages or are unsure how to proceed please attach a screen capture of this window to your reply email: Use the macOS keyboard shortcut [Command]+[Shift]+[4], then click and drag a selection box around the DisplayLink Manager App window, the screenshot will be saved to the desktop and can then be attached to your reply email.
  6. Reconnect the docking station to the computer and check for the external displays to be detected

If the above doesn’t help, our next step is to get some additional information from your system using our log-gathering tool: PlugDebug, when you have a moment:

1. Keep the docking station connected to the computer with the displays and devices connected to the docking station
  2. Download and run our PlugDebug utility ( http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug )
    2a) For macOS: Click on the red button “Generate PlugDebug Report (Deprecated Pending Update)” to expand the section, select the PlugDebug utility from the Downloads pop-up on the Dock, or double-click if saved to the Desktop
    2b) Follow the on screen instructions to launch the application
  3. Click the “Start” button to begin gathering logs from the system
  4. When completed the application will pop-up a message with the name of the zip file containing the logs on the user desktop directory
  5. Please attach this zip file to your reply email to ‘support@plugable.com’ with the subject line ‘Ticket #416324 - Attention Pat’

This will allow us to examine some log files from your system to help determine the next steps.

Thank you,

Pat
Plugable Technology
support@plugable.com

Hello,

We’re closing this thread due to inactivity, but if you have any further questions please feel free to contact support@plugable.com and we’ll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Pat
Plugable Technologies