Mac-mini with USB C 4K keeps losing 3rd screen

My mac-mini keep losing the connection with my 3rd screen. I went 1.5 years without any issues, but suddenly started getting this bug. Very frustrating as I have to re-boot computer & hub several times for it to correct itself. This time, I’ve been trying to get it to reconnect for hours without success. Changed cables several times to no avail. The screen flashes for .5 seconds before going dark then flashes again 5 seconds later… none stop. The first time this happened, I bought a new screen thinking it was the screen. It worked for 2-3 weeks then started getting the bug again. Now it’s every other day. When I change cables, the main screen goes funky and cycles between images constantly.

Help!

Hi Davy,

Thank you for posting! I am sorry your docking station is not working as expected and I would be happy to help.

Thank you as well for the detail you provided and the testing you have performed that is much appreciated. Based on your description of the behavior, our next step is to get some additional information.

Please keep the dock connected to your system (even though not working) and send the “system_details.txt” file that is generated after doing the following steps:

Here are the steps to download the system_details.txt file on a MacOS:

1. Click on the Finder icon in the Dock to open a Finder window.
  2. In the Finder window, click on “Applications” in the left-hand sidebar.
  3. Scroll down and open the “Utilities” folder.
  4. Double-click on “Terminal” to open the Terminal application.
  5. In the Terminal window, type the following command and press Enter:
  • system_profiler -detailLevel full &> ~/Desktop/system_details.txt
  1. This will generate a file named “system_details.txt” on your Desktop that contains detailed information about your system.
  2. Please send us the “system_details.txt” file.

Now send the “system_details.txt” file to us directly via support@plugable.com with ‘For Ticket 405407’ in the subject line. This will allow us match things up and examine some log files from your system to help determine the next steps.

Please also include your Amazon Order ID number for the docking station purchase in your direct email. Please do not post the Order ID or the PlugDebug file in our public forum.

Thank you for giving us the chance to help!

Richard A
Plugable Technologies
https://plugable.com/support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.