Mac - Close Lid and Use External Monitors

Hello

I was able keep using the external monitors when I close the lid on my mac but more recently whenever I close the lid the external monitors shut off as well. There’s any setting that need to be changed on DisplayLink manager or Mac display settings ?

Thank you!

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us for assistance! I’m sorry to hear that your UD-6950 is no longer work when the lid is closed on your MacBook

Can I please ask for some additional details?

1. Can you please check the macOS power settings to make sure the correct settings are enabled? To do so please follow the below steps.
    1. Click on the Apple logo in the top left, and select 'System Preferences
    1. Click on ‘Battery’, and go to the ‘Power Adapter’ options.
    1. Please check ‘Prevent your Mac from automatically sleeping when the display is off’
    1. Check to see if this resolves the problem.
  1. Can you please confirm that you are keeping a power adapter connected to your MacBook when you close the lid? I addition to this a mouse and keyboard is also needed to be present.
  2. If the above does not resolve the problem, can you please reach out to us directly? You can do so by email support@plugable.com and mention ticket #381432

Once again we apologize for the trouble, and will keep a lookout for your reply.

Sean // Plugable Support // Plugable.com/Support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.