Mac Air M1 UD-3900PDZ Parallels windows 10, cannot move windows programs to external monitors

Hi guys,
Using a Mac Air M1 with Parallels to run windows 10 with the UD-3900PDZ and 2 external Monitors. Both external monitors connect perfect and I can drag and drop any Mac screen, app etc onto both external monitors but I cannot drag, drop windows or any windows program to the 2 external monitors. I’ve deleted and re installed Display Link manager under windows, no change. I’ve contacted Microsoft and Apple tech support and they both investigated all options but are at a loss to explain why this device won’t work. Using the display manager under windows it doesnt pick up the plugable device , only Parallels . It also won’t pick up the 2 external monitors . Apple picks both monitors up fine. I have also sent a ticket to Parallels to see if it’s an issue they have been advised of. The sole reason why I purchased this device is so I can drag windows programs to the external monitors.
Look forward to hearing from you or anyone who might have had this issue .
Cheers

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us, I am sorry this is not working as expected and I am happy to help!

Just a note, we do not recommend or support assigning the UD-3900UDZ ( or any USB 3.0 docking station or hub ) to a virtual machine via USB pass-through. In most cases the USB pass-through will fail to function correctly and many of the docking station’s features will be unavailable.

May I ask you to make a screen recording ( either with desktop recording or via a camera/phone ) of the procedure you are attempting, showing the unexpected behavior, and then upload the video to a online file sharing/storage ( like Google Drive ) and then send a link to our support team at ‘support@plugable.com’ with the subject line ‘Ticket #355913 - Attention Pat’ so I can see exactly what is not working as expected and we can go from here.

Thank you, and I apologize for this inconvenience.

Pat
Plugable Technologies
support@plugable.com

Hi Pat,

Thanks for responding, much appreciated.

After hours of trying different configurations and settings under Parallels and the virtual machine, I eventually found the issue was Parallels wasn’t picking up the Plugable device and when I did actually have to manually make Parallels look for it and locate it , I then to turn the Mac on and off for it to pick it up then I had to ensure that I didn’t use full screen option , otherwise I could only operate either windows or the Mac only on the 3 screens.

It now resolved by me by trial and success.

Thanks for giving me clues and steering me in the right direction.

That was Painful.

You can close this case.

Kind regards,

Rod

Hi Rod,

I am glad to hear this is working correctly now, but I am sorry for the difficulty setting up the system through Parallels.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help, and have a great day!

Pat
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.