M70q doesn't output USB-C video

Hello everyone. I have a Lenovo M70q that doesn’t output USB-C video to a Plugable TBT3-UDZ - docking station. Is there a fix or is it just not supported? Other devices work.

Hello Bill,

Thank you for reaching out to Plugable Support!

I am sorry to hear that you are running into issues with your TBT3-UDZ, but I would be happy to help diagnose the issue here.

Taking a look at the specs for the Lenovo M70q, it appears that the USB-C port does not support downstream video:

We would need to see support for Thunderbolt or DisplayPort Alternate Mode in order to expect video output over USB-C.

This is generally the case for desktop computers, as they tend to have video outputs already, so docking stations are not usually necessary. In your case, it appears that the desktop already has a DisplayPort and HDMI output, hence why the manufacturers likely did not add downstream video support on the USB-C port.

All of this to say that we unfortunately do not expect the dock to be compatible with this system. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Thank you,

Evan
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.