M1 Mac Mini Compatibility

I know macOS is not officially supported (with this device), but it has worked perfectly for my 2017 Macbook Pro (with the DisplayLink Manager software installed). So I was wondering what your expectations were for UD-3900 compatibility with the new 2020 M1-Mac Mini?

Thank you!
Vinny

Hi Vinny,

Thank you for contacting us and I’d be happy to answer your question!

As you know the Mac mini has a limitation of supporting only one additional display through native connection, but thanks to the DisplayLink technology, this limitation can be surpassed.

We have tested a setup with a different DisplayLink-based dock ourselves and show it working here → https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEhoFz6ldSU

Just like on your current setup, you will need the DisplayLink Manager app installed on your Mac mini - the latest 1.2 version is still Intel-built, but it works on the M1 based systems thanks to Apple’s Rosetta 2’s translation. DisplayLink is currently working on updating the app for full universal support.

I hope this helps. For further information on compatibility tests and recommendations, be sure to check out blog posts on our website → Plugable.com

Kind regards,

Aga
Plugable Technologies

Hi,

Is the UD-3900H also compatible with M1 mac?

Thanks,
Israel Araujo

Hi Israel,

Thanks for reaching out and I’d be happy to answer your question!

Yes, the UD-3900H is also a DisplayLink based dock and it is compatible with the M1 Macs.

Kind regards,

Aga
Plugable Technologies

1 Like

Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.