m/c does not start up when connected to docking station.

I bought “Plugable USB 2.0 Universal Laptop Docking Station with DisplayLink DVI/VGA up to 1920x1080, Audio, Ethernet, and 4 Available High-Speed USB 2.0 Ports” from amazon for my DELL XPS and 21 inch HP flat monitor. It worked well for two weeks and after that, m/c is not booting everytime if it’s connected to the docking station. It says Windows is corrupted. If I disconnect from docking station then Windows goes through the repair process and m/c starts up. I am not sure if I need to apply any windows update. My DELL XPS is running with 64 bit windows 7 service pack 1. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Sarada,

Thanks for posting here! I’m sorry to know about the trouble you are having booting the system with the Plugable UD-160-A plugged in.

Some quick questions-:

1. If the Plugable UD-160-A is connected to the system after start up does everything work without issues?

2. What are the make and models (or specs) of the devices plugged into the USB ports on the Plugable UD-160-A?

3. Unplug all USB devices plugged into the Plugable UD-160-A. Make sure that the power adapter is plugged into the Plugable UD-160-A. connect the Plugable UD-160-A to the system and start up the system. Does the system start start up without issues or do you get the ‘Windows is corrupted’ message?

Once you post back with this information, we will figure out the next steps.

Thanks for your patience while we figure this out!

Regards,
Roze