Low USB power output and slow internet speeds

Hello, I recently purchased the UD-6950Z and I’m getting way lower than average speeds via USB and my internet speeds drop from about 300 Mbps to 50Mbps.

I’ve only had this device for roughly 2 weeks now and I’m getting REALLY long charging times when tring to charge my phone; 3 to 5 hrs. And Oculus does not register my link cable as 3.0 when plugged into the dock; I purchased a brand new cable yesturday to make sure it wasn’t just a cable issue and I’m getting the same results.

HDMI works perfectly fine.

I’ve also reset my laptop back to factory setting (Laptop only 6 months old: MSI GE76 11UE), no changes in performace whatsoever.

At this point I’m not sure if it’s my computer or the Docking station… Please help!

Hi Jason,

Thank you for posting! I am sorry things are not working as expected while using your Plugable UD-6950Z docking station and I would be happy to help.

You mention, “…I’m getting REALLY long charging times when tring to charge my phone; 3 to 5 hrs.”

A quick note for your reference, the USB 3.0 Type-A ports within the UD-6950Z do not provide any special device charging capabilities. They can provide up to 900mA of power to a connected USB device as per the USB 3.0 specification.

That said and based on your description of the other behavior, our next step is to get some additional information.

Can you please send an email to our direct support email address → support@plugable.com with ‘For ticket #- 383396’ in the subject line that contains the following information?:

1. The Amazon Order ID number for your UD-6950Z purchase

2. While the UD-6950Z is connected to your MSI laptop (even if not working fully as expected), the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug → https://plugable.com/pages/plugdebug

This information will help us to determine the next steps.

*** Please do not post the above information here in our public forum (it contains personally identifiable information) ***

Apologies for the frustration, and thank you for giving us the chance to help!

Bob
Plugable Technologies

For the benefit of anyone else following this thread, in this specific case the cause of the issue was ultimately traced back to the USB Type-C cable being used to connect the docking station to the host computer.

The original poster was able to switch to using the included USB Type-A cable as a workaround while Plugable provided a replacement USB Type-C cable.

Please note that each support case is different, and the solution in this case may not be the same solution in others.

Bob
Plugable Technologies