Low - loss of wifi signal on ud 3900

We have a Lenovo E440 Thinkpad which we use with the ED3900 Lately we lose the wifi signal every few hours of use. Or the signal is so low that it takes a long time to get to a page or video.
When we use the portable by itself the signal is very strong.
We have connected a flat screen and a wireless keyboard_mouse

What cause this problem?

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting! I’d be happy to help with your docking station.

You used the term ‘lately’ when describing the behavior. Did this issue just start happening or has it always been an issue? I ask because it may help determine if some recent environmental or infrastructure change may be causing the issue. Since the issue happens over time it sounds like there may be some outside influence on the reception. Has anything changed recently in terms of the network infrastructure or how things are arranged on your desk?

Pending that information, one quick thing to try is connecting the dock to a different USB port on your system to see if that changes the behavior. According to the specs online for your system there are three USB ports in total. Can you try connecting the dock to a port on the opposite side of the laptop to see if the behavior changes?

Let us know the additional information and the results of trying a different USB port when you have a moment and we’ll go from there.

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Hi Bob,
Thanks for your help. Funny my son suggested to change USB port. As per its behavior well its intermittent. The environment as not change.
We did put the usb antenna for the keyboard and mouse on the Plugable instead of the portable.
I will try the change of usb port tomorrow and get back to you.
Robert

Hi Robert,

Thanks for getting back with the update. I’m guessing by antenna you are referring the USB receiver dongle used by most wireless keyboards and mice. We recommend using those dongles in one of the top-most USB 2.0 ports on the back of the dock for the best performance. If not placed there already please move the dongle to the back.

Let us know the results when you have time and we’ll go from there…

Thank you,

Bob

Hi Bob,
Well this morning I changed the USB port the connection was not recognizing the network. Check a few things in Windows suggesting to unglug the router and putting it online again, which I did. It seem that to have worked.
Now my wife went to see a customer this morning and inplug the portable, when she comes back this afternoon I will check if the system still works.

Thanks for you help.

Robert

You are very welcome. Let us know if anything changes.