Love your product! Need your help, though!

I work for a small law firm. We decided that two monitors are better than one and have purchased nine of your Plugable USB 2.0 display adapters. I succeeded in installing eight of the monitors - with no problems. One of the computers that I’m trying to install to has (I believe) an internal UGA that won’t allow the use of the 2nd monitor. The computer knows the device is there (the plug and play alert plays). Is there a way around the internal UGA?

Hi Julie,

Thanks for buying multiple units of our USB Graphic Adapters! Let’s try to figure out why you are unable to connect the second monitor to one computer and what can be done to get it working.

Some quick questions to understand the setup and the issue better-:

1. What is the make and model (or specs) of the computer and the current version of OS installed on it?

2. As we have many models of USB Graphics Adapters, could you tell us which is the one that you have? If you have trouble figuring out the model, just email your Amazon Order ID to support@plugable.com and we will be able to pull out this information from there.

3. What is the make and model (or specs) of the external monitor and are you connecting through VGA or DVI?

Once you post back with this information, we will figure out the next steps.

Regards,
Roze

Wow! Roze, that was fast! I’ll do my best to answer questions you have.

1. The computer is a Dell Optiplex 740 – Windows XP Professional Version 2002 – Service Pack 3

2. UGA-125

3. AOC 919 Vwa Widescreen LCD Monitor 19” – connecting thru VGA.

The computer that I’m trying to install to has a NVIDIA GPU (I think it’s internal, but don’t know for sure). It is what is preventing the use of the 2nd monitor – I feel sure. Like I said, it knows the device is there – it makes the plug and play sound when you connect or disconnect.

I just can’t figure this one out!

Hey, Roze… After a three-hour chat session with Dell, the technician there determined that the mother board needs to be replaced in this machine. It will not have a built in GPU, so hopefully soon this one will be up and running!

The others that I’ve installed dual monitors for LOVE them! Thank you for making an inexpensive product that works!!!

Julie,

Thanks for the information! Before you replace the motherboard could you run the DisplayLink support tool (instructions here: http://plugable.com/support/displayli…) and email the .zip to support@plugable.com.?

This would give us a better insight as to what is going on. Once we analyze it, we will be able to figure out if we can get the dual monitor running on the system without the replacement.

Regards,
Roze