I am using the USB 3.0 4K DisplayPort Adapter for a second monitor. When loading an update to Radeon gaming software the connection to the second monitor was lost and I have not been able to restore it. I uninstalled the Radeon software, uninstalled and then reinstalled the DisplayPort software, without success. Does someone have a solution to this problem? Thanks very much.
Bruce also reached out to us directly via email@example.com and we have been working with him directly. For the benefit of anyone else following this thread, a clean install of the DisplayLink driver resolved the issue (steps below).
- Disconnect the adapter from the system and please keep it disconnected until the last step.
- Uninstall the all instances of the ‘DisplayLink Core’ software from the Control Panel -> Programs and Features. Don’t worry if this fails, just move onto the next step
- Download, extract and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool, found here --> http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/… and ensure it displays “Cleaning Complete” when done (video walk-through if you need it -> https://youtu.be/AcVV1gD_FvI)
- Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (even if not prompted to)
- Now download and install the 8.0 M0 DisplayLink software, found here --> http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/…
- Reattach the adapter to your system which will trigger the final portion of the installation. If the device is not detected, please reboot the system.