Lost Blonde Looses Her Prolific USB to Serial Comm

Hi Guys

I am the first to say I know very little about Tech … can help myself sorta but that’s about it.

I have a Vinyl Cutter that runs from Artcut software. Every now and then the Comm port looses itself in my PC?? I run Windows 7 (yea I know its old but its what I have and what I know)

I have tried to reinstall my software but no one in the Device Manager nor in the actual programme does the Prolific USB to Serial show up?

There are so many “free downloads” but none of them seem to work - please help … I am a single Mom trying to run a small home based business from home so without my vinyl cutter I am a dead fish in the water!

Hi Melissa,

Sorry for the delay in answering over the weekend, especially with your livelihood on the line.

Could you run our diagnostic program? It will gather device information and installation logs that will help me understand what is happening.

To do this, please plug the adapter into your computer, then go to this page, and follow the instructions there:

http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug

When you run the program, it will create a zip file on your desktop with your computer name and the date. Please send that file directly to our support email address: support@plugable.com

Please put “For Ticket #170433” in the subject line.

Of course it it turns out something is wrong with the adapter, we will get a replacement out to you right away.

Thanks!

David
Plugable Support

Hi Melissa,

I’m checking back to see if you were able to get your serial adapter working OK with your vinyl cutter.

Thanks!

David
Plugable Support

I’m going to close this thread. If you have any questions or issues, please contact us directly at support@plugable.com. Thanks!