Lost All Display on Dell Laptop

I have a Dell Inspiron 17. When I tried to installed the Plugable USB3.0 Docking Station for Dual Monitors, I got 1/2 way through when I connected the device. It rebooted on now it starts Windows 10 (I see the flag) and then I get the windows sound telling me it booted, but there is no display. After removing all devices, same thing happens. I have no display on laptop and nothing when I connect a 2nd monitor. However, I can see the shared folders and files from another networked PC and I can boot into safe mode with display. I tried to go to a restore point, I have 2, but they both failed. I cannot uninstall anything in safe mode. What do I do to get back to normal? I also sent an email to support@plugable.com.

Hi Bradley, thanks for posting! I am sorry to hear of this behavior after setting up our docking station and I will be happy to help. We had received a direct support email from you and have already responded. I will post my response below in case you had not received that message and to update this forum thread. However, we will want to keep continued troubleshooting, if necessary, to the email thread to keep all communication in one place and I will update this thread once a resolution is found.

"We will want to leave our dock disconnected while troubleshooting in order to see if we can get the internal monitor screen to display. Once you get to the point where you hear Windows boot, as you described, would you be able to use the Windows Key + P keyboard combination to adjust the display settings? This keyboard combination will open a quick change bar on the right hand side of your screen (example screenshot attached). Each time you press Windows Key + P the option will move down in the list or move back to the top. We will want to see if we are able to set the Display Mode to “PC Screen Only” in order to see if the internal display can be activated while being set as the only screen in use.

Please let us know if using the Windows Key + P keyboard combination works to get your internal display working again and we will go from there."

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support !](https://d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.net/s3_images/1589269/WindowsKeyandPoptions_inline.jpg?1493417325)](https://d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.net/s3_images/1589269/WindowsKeyandPoptions.jpg?1493417325)

Since I couldn’t see anything on any screen, I doubt the Windows Key + P would work. The screen was blank. I found a download on your site to for EndUserCleaner7.9.723.zip was able to uninstall all pluggable components and was able to finally boot my computer. I am too afraid to try again; any advice? I don’t have a lot of time to devote to getting the docking station to work. I wanted it to save time, not add more. Please let me know how to return. Thanks,

Hi Bradley, thanks for the reply. Glad to hear that you were able to succesfully boot.

The Windows Key + P suggestion may or may not have worked, but based off fo your description it sounded like your system was successfully booted into Windows so there is potential that it could help.

However, understood the hesitation and the desire to return and we certainly do not want you to be stuck with a device that is not working well with your system. I will reach out to you directly via email as we do require some additional information to begin the return process.

I am sorry things didn’t work out with our dock.

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support