Losing my Toshiba wireless drivers after disconnecting from Plugable

I have a Toshiba Satelite S55 that needs to have the wireless drivers reloaded after disconnecting to my Plugable USB 3.0. The docking station is hardwired to the network. After I disconnect the wireless has limited access and says that there is no wireless device. I have downloaded the Toshiba wireless drivers and put it on my desktop so that I run it after I disconnect from the Plugable.

Hi Bill,

Thanks for posting. I’d be happy to help with your docking station!

The behavior you describe is most unusual. The DisplayLink driver required by the dock (which also includes the wired Ethernet driver) shouldn’t affect the wireless card in your laptop after disconnecting. When you disconnect from the docking station and the wireless stops working, does it start working again after a complete shutdown and restart while disconnected?

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Not to my knowledge. The only thing that I was able to do was to reinstall the wireless driver from Toshiba. I am in I.T. and we have a number of your plugables with the same (or minor variations) Toshiba model and this is the only one doing this. The difference seems to be the user’s cube is in a dead spot for wifi and only uses the hardwired connection to the plubable while docked.
Thanks for your quick reply.
BH

Hi Bill,

Thanks for getting back. If possible the next time the issue occurs with this one user I would recommend rebooting to see how the behavior changes.

Another recommendation to help isolate the issue is to swap the dock with another to see if the results are different.

Although probably more difficult logistically, if possible having a different user with a different Toshiba test in the same cube with the original docking station would also allow the issue to be isolated further.

Thanks,

Bob