Looking for USB-C Switch that allows switching between two computers or laptops

Hi Team,

I have Plugable Triple USB-C Docking Station (UD-3900PDZ) for 3 Monitors which is connected to my MacBook Pro (Work Laptop) and also connects to Personal laptop (Lenovo). Both of them have USB-C ports to connect. But to switch between them I need to manually plug the USB-C wire every time to switch between work and personal laptop. I know there is Plugable USB 3.0 Sharing Switch which is specifically for USB 3.0. But is it possible to use a adapter to make it work for my docking station ? Or else is there anything in the market currently which can help my situation here ? I know there are KVM switch but couldn’t find anything for my docking station.

Any solution which will work here ? I am also open to buy a new docking station which will support this switch between MacBook pro and windows laptop.

Thank you

Hi Siddharth,

Thank you for contacting Plugable! I would be happy to provide additional information regarding our products.

Unfortunately, Plugable does not offer a USB-C “A/B” switch that allows for a USB-C device (supporting USB-C DP video) to be toggled between computers. This kind of device is possible to create but is very technically complex to implement. While the there are existing USB-C KVMs like from companies like Sabrent or IOGear, these devices only obtain a USB-C input, then just switch the display signal and USB. They do not switch USB-C signal itself, which means that they wouldn’t work 100% through USB-C docks.

Sorry to be the bearer of disappointing news, but hopefully this information was helpful.

Thank you!

Ryoma
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.