Logitech's Unifying Receiver & The Plugable usb BT4LE

Hi, I have read that the use of Logitech’s Unifying Receiver and The plugable usb BT4LE have issues when working at the same time. Since i have a logitech mouse and am hoping to get a compact bluetooth keyboard i was wondering if there is any way to combat this issue? Thanks.

Hi Saxon Rix,

Thanks for posting to ask about potential problems you may encounter when using the Logitech Unifying Receiver and the Plugable USB-BT4LE. The reason why there can be interference between different wireless transceivers is that most of them operate in the 2.4GHz range.

Anytime multiple 2.4GHz devices are very close to each other there’s a chance that they will interfere with each other. Fortunately, it’s easy to alleviate the problem by moving the transceivers to USB ports on opposite sides of the machine, connecting one through a hub, or using a short extension cable.

Once the devices are a foot or so apart, there shouldn’t be any interference.

I hope this helps, let me know if there’s anything else I can do.

Thanks,
Jerome.

Hi Jerome, That is good to know,

Thank you for taking the time to reply!

Let us know if there’s ever anything else we can do~

We’re here to help!

Regards,
Jerome.

Plugable Technologies

I’ve been having issues with my Logitech mouse+keyboard since installing my Plugable USB 3.0 docking station. The mouse disappears and reappears at random. The keyboard sometimes has a lag in displaying the characters. It was really bad when the Logitech unifying receiver was plugged into the back of the Plugable, and better when I moved it back to the laptop. But even though they were 2 feet apart, I still had frequent issues. I’ll move the Logitech to the other side of the laptop so hopefully with them 3 feet apart the problem will go away.
I also have another mouse and a bluetooth transmitter in the Plugable. Will disabling them in Windows prevent interference, or must I remove them from the Plugable?