Logitech keyboard and mouse with Plugable dock TBT3-UDZ

I have Plugable dock TBT3-UDZ from work. All the cables are connected via wires except Logitech keyboard and mouse. Both are finicky and does not work properly. But when I connect USB receiver via extension cable it works fine. Based on history from the community it seems there is an issue with 2.4 Ghz wave length when using 2 bluetooth devices. Is that correct? If yes, why do I see issue with just one receiver?

I use M2 Max MacBook Pro with 2 external 4K monitors and web cam all connected via wires.

1 Like

Hello Pavan,

Thank you for reaching out to Plugable Support!

I am sorry to hear that you are running into issues with your TBT3-UDZ, but I would be happy to help diagnose the issues here.

There can also be issues with connecting Bluetooth receivers to USB 3.0 ports due to Radio Frequency Interference, and this can be present on a single dongle. We actually have an article on our site describing this:

https://kb.plugable.com/docking-stations-and-video/troubleshooting-wi-fi-performance-and-wireless-keyboard-&-mouse-issues-while-using-usb-docking-stations-based-on-displaylink-technology

Our TBT3-UDZ only has USB 3.0 ports, so it may be worth using an extension cable to connect the dongle given that it seems to be working better than connecting directly to the dock.

Thank you,

Evan

Plugable Technologies

www.plugable.com/support

1 Like

Can I use this USB 2.0 adapter to fix the issue?

Yes, something like the adapter you linked should help if the issue here is RF Interference related!