Lenovo Yoga C940 and UD-ULTC4K Displaylink Manager driver questions

A couple of questions:

1 - Should I update the UD-ULTC4K Displaylink Manager driver from 9.2.24200 to version 10 when I do not have any issues? Also why does the version 10 driver not show up as an upgrade when I use the widows update or device drive update in Windows 10?

2 - Are there any reported issues with the Lenovo Yoga C940 on the UD-ULTC4K? I ask since I do not see the Lenovo Yoga C940 on the System Compatibility chart under Fully Compatible Systems for the UD-ULTC4K.

This is the current hardware/software running with no known issues

Plugable UD-ULTC4k with driver 9.2.2420.0

Lenovo Yoga C940-14IIL with 16gb ram, 512 ssd plus 32GB Optane

Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 Build 19041.572

4 displays running at 4K
Laptop Native display with 3840x2160 landscape according to DislayLink Manager
3 Lenovo LEN T27p-10 4k monitors with 3840x2160 landscape according to DislayLink Manager

Logitech Wireless keyboard K350
Logitech Wireless mouse MX Master 2S
Logitech Wireless receiver connected via back USB port

Ethernet getting 600+ mbps according to Speedtest.net (Comcast paid plan of 600 mbps)

Labtech PC Headphone and mic connected via front lineout ports

Charging Moto E5 Supra phone via front USB port (wish that was a fast charge PowerIQ 3.0 USB port)

Regards,

Mark

Hello Mark,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support! I’d be more than happy to assist you.

If you are not having any issues then there shouldn’t be a need to update. We usually only recommend updating the drivers when there are problems that need to be resolved. Occasionally there may be performance gains from updating, but at this time I am not aware of any significant changes that would warrant the effort to do so.

The DisplayLink drivers do not get updated through Windows Update often. In fact, currently, the version offered through Windows Update is older than the 9.2.24200 version you’re running now.

Please don’t hesitate to let us know of other questions.

Thanks again for contacting Plugable support and best wishes!

Joshua Henry

Senior Engineer | Product Owner
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.