Lenovo yoga 730 & Thinkpad x13 gen 2 dock

I’m looking for a docking station that can work with my Lenovo yoga 730 & Thinkpad x13 gen 2. I need to use 2 screens and charging for the laptops. My wife and I alternate days working from home. Thank you for the help and guidance!

Hello, Gus!
I’m Brian, a product owner here at Plugable and I’ll be more than happy to assist you with finding the appropriate Plugable docking station.

In order for me to better assist you, what are the make and models of your monitors? I can then find the best solution for you.

If you would like to contact us directly, click hereand reference ticket #392635.

Thank you for reaching out to us and for giving us a chance to help!

Brian
Product Owner
Plugable Support

Hi BrianW I’m using 2 Dell E2422HS

https://www.cdw.com/product/dell-e2422hs-led-monitor-full-hd-1080p-24/6701766

Thanks for the help

Hello, Gus!
Thank you for getting back to me!

Both of your laptops have Thunderbolt ports and the best docking station for them would be the Plugable TBT3-UDZ. It features two HDMI ports and two DisplayPorts that support a maximum resolution of 4K (4096x2160) @ 60Hz. This dock connects to a Thunderbolt port on each laptop and supports up to 100W of laptop charging.

The TBT3-UDZ features a bidirectional headphone jack. five USB 3.0 Type-A ports in the rear, one USB 3.2 Type-A port that supports Battery Charging 1.2, a USB-C port for charging a smartphone, a gigabit Ethernet jack, an SD card reader, and a micro SD card reader.

I hope this information is helpful to you. Let me know if you have any additional questions!:+1:

Brian
Product Owner
Plugable Support

Hey Brian, Would the Plugable 13-in-1 USB C Docking Station Dual Monitor, 100W Charging,SKU: UD-6950PDH also work for my laptops. I’m looking something a bite more budget friendly.

Thanks

Hi, Gus!
Yes, the UD-6950PDH will work with both of your laptops and charge them. This dock uses DisplayLink and will require the installation of the DisplayLink drivers from our support site here.

There are a few important limitations of DisplayLink technology. DisplayLink uses a proprietary compressed video stream that is partially generated by both your computer’s CPU and GPU and is a “virtual” video adapter. Because the video is compressed and packetized as data, then reassembled by the DisplayLink chip, the pacing of new frames of video can be inconsistent, particularly if large portions of the content being sent through DisplayLink are changing (such as with video playback).

Because of how DisplayLink provides video, video outputs provided by DisplayLink technology should only be used to display content like office applications and web browser windows, not games or video content.

Let me know if you have any other questions. :+1:

Brian
Product Owner
Plugable Support

Hi Brian

I’m sorry for all these questions. I am going to order the TBT3-UDZ. Today my work replaced my work laptop with a Lenovo 14w. Would the TBT3-UDZ work with this laptop?

Hello, Gus!
The Lenovo 14w does have a USB-C port so the TBT3-UDZ will work with it.

Brian
Product Owner
Plugable Support