Lenovo Yoga 730 Docking Station Recommendation

Any recommendations for a Yoga 730, just need to connect a non-4K monitor, speakers, keyboard/mouse.

Yoga 730 Specs:
Ports/Slots
2 x Type-C Thunderbolt
USB 3.0

Thanks!

Hi Mitchel,

Thanks for posting!

You don’t mention it explicitly, but based on your description of the available ports it appears you are using the 13" model of the Lenovo Yoga 730 laptop (please correct me if I am mistaken). I make mention as the 13" model can be charged via its Thunderbolt 3 port, but the 15" model cannot.

We do not have either model in our test lab, so we cannot confirm compatibility with any of our docking stations. That said, based on the specifications of the 13" model I would expect our UD-CAM dock (https://plugable.com/products/ud-cam) to work.

The UD-CAM will allow for the connection of one additional 4K HDMI display at 30Hz refresh (lower resolutions supported at 60Hz) as well provide additional USB ports, wired gigabit Ethernet and a combination audio jack. It should also charge the system (but again only if the 13" model is being used).

If you elect to proceed with a purchase and find that the dock does not work as expected, we do offer a 30-day no-hassle return policy for all products sold by Plugable and fulfilled by Amazon.

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Hi Bob,

Your assumption is correct, this is the 13" Model.

Thank you for the recommendation, I’ll go ahead and order one.

Mitch

Hi Mitch,

Thank you for getting back, and for your purchase. Once received, if you have the time to let us know how things work that would be much appreciated (it will allow us to update our compatibility table).

Thank you!

Bob