Lenovo Yoga 720 15 compatibility with DisplayPort Adapter and daisy chaining

Hello,

I’ve read the “USB-C to DisplayPort Adapter” product page, and from what understand, it supports DisplayPort MST daisy chaining, as long as the laptop and the monitors support it.
I was wondering if I could use this ability to connect 2 displays to the Lenovo Yoga 720 15’’.
As it has only one USB-C Thunderbolt port, I thought I could connect this adapter to it, then the first display, and then connect the second display, by daisy chaining it to the first one (as seen on your video with the new XPS 15).

Like so:
Yoga > USB C Thunderbolt to DisplayPort adapter > Display 1 > DisplayPort cable > Display 2

Have you test this scenario with this laptop, or could you tell me if its possible?

(Note: No need to worry about 4K displays, since I won’t bother buy any)

Thank you very much!

Hello, thanks for posting and I’ll be happy to help!

Would you be able to let us know the models of the monitors you’d like to connect? I will examine the specifications online to determine if our USBC-DP cables would be a good fit.

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Thank you for the reply…

I’m planning to buy Dell U2515H and Dell P2717H.
I’ll be happy if you could check daisy chaining compatibility with these dispalys.

Thanks.

Hello, thank you for the reply. While we aren’t able to test with the Lenovo Yoga 720 and these monitors specifically, so I can’t guarantee this connection to work. However, in looking at the specifications it appears that the U2515H display has the DP MST output port in order to daisy chain a DP cable to the P2717H.

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support