Lenovo ThinkPad E15 losing connection to my Plugable Docking Station (UD-3900)

Occasionally, my Plugable UD-3900 will lose connection with my Lenovo ThinkPad E15. I have 2 Sceptre E24 monitors attached to the Docking Station (1- via an HDMI to HMDI cable and 1 - via an HMDI to DVI cable).
I use to have the Ethernet plugged in to the Docking Station as well. I now have the Ethernet cable plugged directly into my laptop, due to the dropping of connection between my Docking Station and Laptop reeked havoc on my network connection. I prefer to have all of my devices attached to the Docking Station so I only need to unplug one USB cable and when I need to take my laptop with me.
I have updated all my drivers, Bios, Windows 10 updates.
The blanking of my monitors as well as the losing network connection is quite annoying and has me looking for a different manufacture of Docking Stations.

Please help,

Hello Dwight,

Thank you for reaching out to Plugable and providing a clear description of the goals you’re looking to meet. I’d be happy to help!

Let’s perform a power cycle of the unit to reset its internal dock chipset. We’ve seen that this can often restore the dock to a working state when it is not quite working. To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Disconnect all USB peripherals connected to the dock
  2. Disconnect the dock from the host machine, then disconnect the power adapter from the power
  3. Leave unplugged for 1 minute for the power to dissipate
  4. Connect the dock initially into power only
  5. Connect the dock to the host machine, then connect USB peripherals and test for functionality

If these steps don’t help, I’d like to request some logs from your system to investigate further. Could you please keep the Plugable dock connected to your system (with the non-working displays still attached), then navigate to our PlugDebug tool (https://plugable.com/support/plugdebug) and follow the instructions there?

Please email the results with “ticket #371633” in the email subject.

Thanks for giving us a chance to help!

Omar D.
Plugable Technologies

I will be sending you my PlugDebug files as the “disconnect” randomly continues.

Dwight

Omar,

The “Tested” replacement is doing the same thing. Just randomly disconnecting.

Dwight

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.