Lenovo T14 won't boot up when plugged into TBT4 docking station

I’m having issues with my TBT4 docking station. I have a Lenovo T14 laptop with Windows 10 and every time I try to boot up my laptop when plugged into the docking station, the laptop tries to boot up, but shuts down and resets in a continuous cycle, I have to unplug the docking station for the laptop to boot up. Anyone had any issues with this?

Hello Derrick,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support! Sorry to hear about this issue. I’d be more than happy to assist you.

If the dock is attached to the laptop but nothing else is attached to the dock (so no USB devices, displays, etc) does the boot loop continue to occur the next time you try to boot the system?

I ask as sometimes we’ll see some device connected through the dock, like USB storage for example, can cause this kind of behavior if the system is set to look at USB devices at boot time in the system BIOS. If the issue goes away with nothing connected to the dock, try reconnecting your devices individually and try to boot the system to see if any particular device can be narrowed down that triggers this behavior.

If the issue remains with nothing else connected to the dock then we’ll want to look into this issue more closely by collecting some system diagnostics as our next step. We have a troubleshooting tool that helps us find out what is going on in situations like this. If able, once the system is already booted into Windows please plug the dock with your devices attached to it into your computer, then go to this page and follow the instructions there: http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug

When emailing us the diagnostics results to support@plugable.com please mention ticket 410583 in the subject line (don’t post the diagnostics results here!). I can then take a look and report back with any suggestions based on what I’m able to see in the diagnostics that may be causing this problem.

Please don’t hesitate to let us know of other questions.

Thanks again for contacting Plugable support and best wishes!

Joshua Henry
Senior Engineer | Product Owner
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.