Lenovo Monitor not Connecting

I connected a third monitor, Lenovo LI2264d, (2 external) through my PLUGABLE UD-6950H and it recognizes my 3rd monitor but it doesn’t receive a signal and goes into sleep mode. Previously I had a different HP monitor and it worked through plugable but that one died so this is a replacement.

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for reaching out to us, I am sorry this is not working as expected and I am happy to help!

Thank you for letting me know the model number of the monitor and docking station! I looked up the monitor specifications and user manual and I would expect it to be fully compatible with this docking station. It is possible the monitor is not detecting the correct input port automatically and we can manually select the input to see if this helps.

For this monitor, the input select button should be the furthest from the power button, please press this button to cycle through the available inputs, VGA and HDMI, to see if the monitor may be set to the VGA input and not automatically detecting the HDMI signal.

Please let me know if this helps, and we can go from here.

Thank you,

Pat
Plugable Technology
support@plugable.com

Pat thank you for getting back to me. Unfortunately that did not fix it. It is not a computer issue either because when I plug it directly into the laptop hdmi port the monitor instantly turns on and mirrors what is on my laptop screen.

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for trying to manually select the input.

Based on your description of the behavior, our next step is to get some additional information from your system to see how the display is being detected by the DisplayLink graphics software and if there are any errors.

If you would, please keep the dock connected and both monitors attached to the docking station (even though one is not working) and attach the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug ( http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug ) to an email to support@plugable.com with the subject line “Ticket #275889 - Attn: Pat” as this will allow us to examine some log files from your system to help determine the next steps.

Thanks,

Pat
Plugable Technology
support@plugable.com

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for sending the PlugDebug log file! Based on the logs I would like to start by updating the DisplayLink software. This is the software that drives the external displays, the installed version 8.3 is quite old and not 100% compatible with the current release of Windows 10, additionally as this system is on a Windows Insider Preview version this may be causing this behavior.

Our first step is to reset the dock and perform a ‘clean’ installation of the required DisplayLink drivers to help ensure both are in a good state. Please perform the following:

1. Disconnect the dock from the system and please remove the power cable from the dock so it turns off completely (this is important so the unit resets). Please keep it disconnected until the last step.
  2. Uninstall any and all software with ‘DisplayLink’ in the title that is present from within the Control Panel -> Programs and Features. Don’t worry if these entries are not present or if the process does not work, just move onto the next step
  3. Download and run the DisplayLink Installation Cleaner utility, found here: https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin/DisplayLink/DisplayLink+Installation+Cleaner+9.1.1462.exe and ensure it displays “Cleaning Complete” when done (video walk-through if you need it: https://youtu.be/AcVV1gD_FvI)
  4. Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (even if not prompted to)
  5. Now download and install the 9.0 M1 DisplayLink software, found here –> https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin/DisplayLink/DisplayLink+USB+Graphics+Software+for+Windows+9.0+M1.exe
  6. Reattach the power cable to the dock first. Once the dock is powered on, reconnect it to your system. If the device is not detected, please reboot the system.

Please let us know if that helps get things working how they should, and we’ll go from there.

Pat
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.