Lenovo Ideapad S340 - Only one monitor shows up

When plugging in the Lenovo laptop to the USB-C the display only extends to one monitor. The other monitor does not get a signal.
I have two monitors (both Dell U2419H). One is connected to the dock with HDMI (which is not working) and the other is connected with DisplayPort (which is working).

I have tested it with my Dell Precision 5510 and it currently works (after installing the latest drivers) but I need it to work with both laptops.
I have installed the latest drivers from the Plugable site.

I don’t know what else to do.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support! Sorry to hear about this issue. I’d be more than happy to assist you.

Not all laptops support the ability to utilize the 4K HDMI port on this dock. This port requires the host system to support USB-C VESA DisplayPort Alternate Mode video output which your Lenovo does not support. This is an optional specification for USB-C, and unfortunately many laptops with C ports don’t have it.

Your Lenovo will be unable to use this port on the dock, and the ability cannot be added.

Please don’t hesitate to let us know of other questions.

Thanks again for contacting Plugable support and best wishes!

Joshua Henry

Senior Engineer | Product Owner
Plugable Technologies

After further testing it turns out that the dock can’t even handle me running Neflix on one screen while working on AutoCAD and Acrobat on the other two screens. Everything just freezes up on my Dell 5510.

I am going to have to return the dock and go back to a legit Dell one just to be sure the compatibility works out.

Any docking station that utilizes DisplayLink USB Graphics technology will not be ideal for Netflix (no HDCP compliance for HD) or enough performance for AutoCAD, etc. We do try to call out this information in our product listings to the best of our abilities.

Please be aware many Dell docks also use DisplayLink USB Graphics, so they will also have these same limitations.

I appreciate the info. I guess I just got lucky with the Dell dock I already have. It’s also USB C and I didn’t think it was anything special. It just didn’t work for the Lenovo Ideapad S340 so I thought this more generic dock would work better for both laptops.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.