Lenovo G50-80 + Windows 8.1 + plugable USB 3.0 = no signal to monitor

Have a Lenovo G50-80 laptop with Windows 8.1 OS. Downloaded the drivers for Windows 8.1. Currently have a first external monitor connected to VGA and a second external monitor connected to HDMI. Connected the plugable 3.0 to USB 3.0 port on laptop and to a third external monitor using VGA cable (first try) and HDMI cable (second try). Laptop does not detect the third external monitor nor does the third external monitor detect any signal from the laptop. Not sure what to check or do next to resolve issue?

Hi Kyle,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us. I am sorry that you are experiencing issues but I would be happy to assist.

Based on your explanation, just to make sure I am understanding you, you are using 1 single Plugable USB 3.0 Graphics Adapter, and then connecting 2 additional displays directly to your laptop?

Also, just so we can make sure this is not a software related issue, could you please keep everything connected and send us the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug –> http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug as this will allow us to examine some log files from your system to help determine the next steps. You can email the zip file to support@plugable.com with “Ticket #181738” as the subject line, and then we can work through some troubleshooting via email!

Thank you for your patience,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support

Correct, I am using a single Plugable USB 3.0 Graphics Adapter for connecting my third external monitor directly to my computer’s USB port. The first and second external monitors are connected directly to my computer’s VGA port and HDMI port, respectively.

I emailed the diagnostic utility output to support@plugable.com referencing Ticket #181738 in the subject line as requested. Thanks!