I have a Lenovo Flex 5-1570 laptop. Does this laptop support dual external monitors? if yes, which docking station or usb-c or usb 3.0 connection should be using. I tried a one of the usb-c docking station but it did not work. Whenever I plugged in that, it says display is limited. Can someone suggest if had similar issue?
Thanks for reaching out to us, I am happy to help!
According to Lenovo’s specifications here ( https://psref.lenovo.com/syspool/TempFile/cache/180d848c-5941-43b7-b512-993164180855/Lenovo_Flex_5-1570_single_model_202101201717.pdf ) the Flex 5-1570 may include a variety of processors and graphics options, but should have a single HDMI output capable of supporting a single 1080P (1920x1080) display, two USB 3.0 Standard-A ports and one USB-C port which appears to support only USB 3.0 data and does not support video or charging the system.
Based these system specifications one of our USB 3.0 Dual Display Docking Stations may be a good fit, these docking stations provide the following basic features:
- Support for up to two displays with resolution up to 1920x1200, or 1080P
- Six USB ports, two USB 3.0 ports great for USB storage ( thumb drives or external hard drives ) and four USB 2.0 ports great for keyboard, mouse, printers and other peripheral devices
- Gigabit Ethernet connectivity
- 3.5mm audio port(s) for connecting either headphones (or speakers) and a microphone or a single TRRS headset port depending on the specific docking station
USB 3.0 docking stations are not capable of powering the computer or charging the battery and we recommend connecting the laptop’s original power supply when using the docking station.
One of these USB 3.0 dual display docking stations may fit your needs:
- UD-3900 ( https://plugable.com/products/ud-3900 ): Our most popular docking station which supports the above features and provides one HDMI output and one DVI output ( with DVI-to-HDMI and DVI-to-VGA adapters ) for supporting a wide variety of displays
- UD-3900H ( https://plugable.com/products/ud-3900h ): This horizontal version of the UD-3900 above lays flat under your display edge or under a laptop stand. Like the UD-3900 above this dock includes one HDMI output and one DVI output ( with DVI-to-HDMI and DVI-to-VGA adapters ) for supporting a wide variety of displays
- UD-3900Z ( https://plugable.com/products/ud-3900z ): This is our newest docking station in this category and replaces the DVI output with a second HDMI output for supporting newer displays which generally do not include DVI or VGA inputs. This docking station also uses a single TRRS headset port instead of the separate headphone and microphone ports.
Please note, USB 3.0 docking stations require installing the DisplayLink USB 3.0 graphics software ( https://plugable.com/drivers/displaylink ), this installation requires administrative permissions on the system. If this is a computer provided by your business I recommend checking with your IT department to verify you have permissions to install the DisplayLink software. Additionally, we recommend our USB 3.0 docking stations for use with office and web browsing software, due to the limited USB 3.0 bandwidth and reduced hardware graphics acceleration available to the DisplayLink software, the external displays may not perform well for full screen video playback, 2D or 3D graphics applications, video editing software, or some stock trading applications.
Should you elect to proceed with your purchase and find the items do not meet your need or expectations, we do offer a 30-day no-hassle return policy for all products sold by Plugable and fulfilled by Amazon. We support our products with a 2-year warranty with email based technical support.
Please let me know if you have any additional questions!
We’re closing this thread due to inactivity, but if you have any further questions please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help.