Lenovo Carbon X1 not recognizing montiors

My new lenovo carbon x1 laptop is not recognizing my 2 external monitors through the plugable usb 3.0 docking station, windows 8.1. I downloaded the drivers from the website it then made my internet limited and couldn’t identify the 2 external monitors although it detect them. I have a wireless keyboard and mouse plugged in the docking station and those worked fine. I had to uninstall the drivers and displaylink program to get my internet to start working again.

Hi Laura,

Thanks for posting. I’m sorry the docking station isn’t working properly with your Carbon. I’d be happy to help.

Based on your description of the symptoms, the first step is to try cleaning the DisplayLink drivers for the dock from your system and re-installing the latest version from DisplayLink. Please follow these steps:

1. Disconnect the dock from the computer and please remove the power cable from the dock so it turns off completely. Please keep it disconnected until the last step.

2. Uninstall the DisplayLink Core software from the Control Panel -> Programs and Features. Don’t worry if this fails, just move onto the next step

3. Download and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool, found here:
    http://displaylink.com/techsupport_fi…

4. Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (even if not prompted to)

5. Now download and run the 7.7 M4 DisplayLink software, found here:
    http://displaylink.com/support/sla.ph…

6. Reboot, even if not prompted to

7. Once you’re back in Windows, reattach the power cable to the dock first. Once the dock is powered on, reconnect it to your PC which will trigger the final portion of the installation

Please let us know if that helps, and we can go from there.

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Thanks Bob. I followed your steps and still having the same problem. After I plugged in the usb to the computer I got the message of " USB Device not recognized - the last usb device you connected to this computer has malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it. "

I tired using a different usb port and it doesn’t do anything at that point.

Hi Laura,

Thanks for getting back so quickly. I’m sorry it still isn’t working.

The symptoms you describe sound like there may a hardware problem with the dock itself, but just to be sure I would like to take a look at some logs from your system. We have developed a utility called PlugDebug which gathers this information about your system. It is available from this link:

http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug

If you would follow the instructions on that page for Windows and send the .ZIP file that the application creates to support@plugable.com with ‘Ticket 97944’ in the subject line that will allow us to match everything up. Please have the dock connected even though it is not working, and please include your Amazon Order ID number for the dock purchase. Once we have the file and the additional information we can determine the next steps.

Thank you,

Bob

Thanks Bob. I’ve sent the zip file per your instructions.