I have a dell latitude 5550 with A 43 inch Samsung plugged into the HDMI port. I just picked up another Samsung same size and I bought the plugable USB 3.0 4K HDMI adapter. I loaded the drives abut the system does not see the monitor. They unit is on as I see the blue light. Any help would be great please.
Thanks for getting in touch!
Have you checked the settings of the new monitor to ensure that the input mode is set to the correct input?
Yes I did do that. I bought this box because I need to hook up a second 43 inch 4K screen for work.
Thanks for giving that a shot.
We’ll want to proceed with a clean installation of the drivers, and see if the behavior is any different. We’ll do all of the following with the DisplayLink adapter disconnected, until the very last step.
- Disconnect the DisplayLink adapter from the computer
- Uninstall DisplayLink Core software from Control Panel->Programs. Don’t worry if this fails, just move onto the next step.
- Download and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool, found here:
- Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (even if not prompted to)
- Now download and run the latest DisplayLink software, found here:
- Reboot, even if not prompted to
- Once you’re back in Windows, reattach the DisplayLink adapter and let it install and update the firmware which should happen automatically.
Let me know if that helps!
I did step by step and I still can not see the other Monitor / TV I have DisplayLink Manager Version 8.4.3485.0
Ok now I have the screen up but it does come and go. Were it is there and then it turns black and then is back. I also have red lines on the screen. Like the refresh is not correct.
Any help would be great please.
Thanks for giving that a shot. Could you contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can discuss options?
We haven’t heard back from you, so I’m hoping you were able to fix the issue. If that isn’t the case, please contact us through email@example.com at your convenience!