lag using 2 extended monitors

I’m using my new ud-3900, with 2 monitors extended (1 dvi and 1 hdmi) and i see that everything is slow(typing, clicking) and the display manager app is using 32.8% of the CPU. My notebook is a lenovo yoga with a i7 and 16 gb ram. please help

Hi Sebastian, thanks for posting! Sorry to hear of the issue you are seeing while connected to our dock and I will be happy to help!

Thanks for the description of the behavior you are seeing. By any chance when you are using your Yoga with our dock is the lid closed? If you open the lid does the behavior you experienced earlier go away?

I ask because we have observed behavior similar to what you have described when the lid is closed. The behavior appears to be caused by a regression in Windows 10 in one of the Intel drivers used for power management. The workaround is to disable DPTF (Intel® Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework) in the BIOS. To that end, would you be able to let us know the specific model of Lenovo Yoga laptop you are using? We will want to access the BIOS to test disabling this service to see if the behavior continues and I would just like to clarify the specific system you are using.

Please let us know if opening the laptop lid helps, if applicable, and the specific Yoga system you are using and we will goo from there.

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

I have a Lenovo yoga 910-13ikb > i7 7gen - 16 gb ram - 256 ssd.
I have tried with the lid closed and it is the same. The problem is that when i am using de plugable and open a sofware of video, starts a procces called “windows driver foundation” and it consumes like 40% of cpu. but when i unplug the plugable it procces disappears.

please help me.

sebastian

Hi Sebastian, thanks for the reply. From here, we’ll want to examine some log files to see if they can tell us what is happening. To help us do so please download and run our diagnostic utility PlugDebug –> http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug just after the behavior has occurred and you have restarted so we can try and capture the behavior. Please send the file that is created on your Desktop directly to our support email address at support@plugable.com with ‘Ticket Number 158480’ in the subject line so we can match everything up. We will examine the logs and determine next steps from there.

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support