lacie external drive does not work with docking station
Thank you for contacting us, I am sorry this is not working as expected and I am happy to help!
We make a wide range of docking stations with different USB hubs and technologies. I recommend we start by getting some additional details from the host computer with the hard drive connected directly to the computer, and also with the hard drive connected to the docking station so that we can determine which docking station is in use, and how the computer is detecting the external hard drive.
When you have a moment:
- Keep the hard drive connected to the computer, where it is detected and working
- Download and run our PlugDebug utility ( http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug )
2a) For Windows: Download the PlugDebug Utility, then Right-click on the PlugDebug application and run as administrator
2c ) For macOS: Click on the red button “Generate PlugDebug Report (Deprecated Pending Update)” to expand the section, select the PlugDebug utility from the Downloads pop-up on the Dock, or double-click if saved to the Desktop
2d) Follow the on screen instructions to launch the application
- Click the “Start” button to begin gathering logs from the system
- When completed the application will pop-up a message with the name of the zip file containing the logs on the user desktop directory
- Please connect the docking station to the computer, and the hard drive to the docking station then repeat steps 2a->4 to gather a second log file with the hard drive connected to the docking station
- Please attach these zip files to an email to ‘email@example.com’ with the subject line ‘Ticket #413149 - Attention Pat’
This will allow us to examine some log files from your system to help determine the next steps.
This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.