Keyboard sleep mode

Is there a way to take advantage of the sleep mode key on my keyboard with a laptop connected to the USB3-Switch2? It seems that once the computer is asleep there is no longer a way to wake it up from the keyboard. It worked before I added in the USB3-Switch2 to support a second laptop.

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for posting!

To clarify, are you using the original USB cables that came with the Plugable USB3-SWITCH2? I ask because swapping in longer USB cables can cause voltage drop across the longer line, so we always like to make sure the provided USB cables are being used.

Next, to be 100% clear, when you connect the keyboard directly to the laptop, are you able to wake it up from sleep?

Thanks for giving us a chance to help!

Mitchell

Yes I am using the original cables and it is connected to the UD-3900H USB 3.0 docking station. The keyboard is a Logitech wireless combo. The sleep key functionality always worked when it was only connected to the docking station.

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for the clarification.

When you refer to the “sleep key functionality”, do you mean the keyboard shortcut to trigger sleep mode on your laptop? You should be able to press any key on your keyboard in order to wake the system – not just the sleep key.

I’d like to request some logs from your system in order to investigate further. Could you please keep the everything attached to your laptop, then navigate to our PlugDebug tool and follow the instructions there?

This will create a ZIP file on your Desktop containing system logs and information. Please send this ZIP file to us directly at support@plugable.com with the subject line: “Ticket #276375

Thanks for your patience while we work to help!

Mitchell

Yes the programmable “sleep” button.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.