Keyboard randomly stopped working with Thunderbolt 3 dock

Keyboard (Kinesis Freestyle Pro) just stopped working with the dock for no discernible reason. Things to note:

1. I tried unplugging the dock and peripherals for 120s, then plug back in and wait 10s to plug everything back in (suggested in another thread). Didn’t change anything
  2. All my other peripherals work fine
  3. I tried plugging the keyboard directly into the laptop and it works fine

Please help!

Hello Kavin,

Thank you for reaching out to Plugable Support!

I am sorry to hear that you are running into issues with your TBT3-UDZ and your keyboard, but I would be happy to help diagnose the issue.

First, can you confirm that you are trying to connect to your laptop using the included Thunderbolt 3 cable that came with your dock? We’ve seen issues arise when a third party cable is used.

Next, can you confirm that this issue is present no matter which USB port on the dock you connect the keyboard to? Additionally, do you have any other USB peripherals (mouse, headset, flash drive, etc.) that you can try connecting to the same USB port on the dock that the keyboard was connected to?

Thank you,

Evan
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Hi Evan - thanks for the response. Answers as follows:

1. I can confirm that I’m connecting the TBT3-UDZ to my laptop directly with the included cable that came with the dock
  2. I can confirm the issue is present no matter which USB port on the dock I connect the keyboard to (I even tried the front one)
  3. I have headphones that I tried connecting to the same port as the keyboard was in, and they work fine

Thanks

Hello Kavin,

Thank you for the response and for trying those steps.

Next, I’d like to request some logs from your device using our PlugDebug diagnostics tool. However, we are unable to exchange files over our support forum, so I’d like to request that you reach out directly to us via email with the log file.

With everything still attached to the dock (even if it appears to not be working) please follow the instructions on our PlugDebug page and send the ZIP file back to support@plugable.comwith the subject line, “Ticket #391319” and I’ll be able to continue helping from there.

Thank you,

Evan
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Issue has been resolved by a cold reboot of the laptop.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.