Keyboard/Mouse Freezing Machine

I have a user that is having what seems to be a fairly common issue of the laptop hitching causing the mouse to freeze and repeated keys to be inputted. I have tried moving the RF adapter away from the Plugable, reinstalling drivers and such but no go. I already ran the diagnostic tool on his machine so I can send that data if needed.

Thanks

Hi Tommy,

Thanks for posting!

Did you try moving the USB receiver to a USB 2.0 port on the back of the docking station? We’ve found that this can help mitigate the RF interference. We speak to this in more detail in a blog post if you’re interested.

Hope this helps!

Mitchell

Yes, it is currently plugged in with an extender from the back of the laptop.

Hi Tommy,

You mentioned that the USB receiver is plugged in with an USB extension cable from the back of laptop. What if you connect the USB receiver (no extension cable) to a USB 2.0 port on the back of the docking station?

Additionally, is your extension cable a USB 3.0 cable or a USB 2.0 cable? A USB 3.0 cable still has the potential for interference.

Thanks!

Mitchell

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.