Keyboard keys sticking and mouse latency

I have a Lenovo Yoga laptop Yoga 720 hooked into a UD-3900Z docking station via USB-C then running the HDMI with USB control to a CKL Dual HDMI KVM switch. I have used 3 brand new keyboards and mice and the mice seem to stop moving occassionall and numerous times I have had stuck keys especially when searching innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnaAAAAAzon, see just happed, and internet explorer or Chrome. I am definitely not holding the keys down too long. I have unhooked the UD-3900 and only used the KVM switch and have had zero problllllllllllllllllmssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss, once again it happened. My keyboard and mouse is connected to the KVM switch and controls are routed back to laptop thru HDMI and USB cable. Please help orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Iwill have to return. Thanks!

Hi David,

Thanks for reaching out to Plugable support! I’d be happy to help with that issue.

Just for clarification about the keyboard and mouse.

• Are these wired are wireless?
  • Do you have these devices plugged into the dock?
  • Are they connected to the USB 3.0 ports?
  • Is the dock connected using the original USB cable that it came with?

Thank you for giving us a chance to help!

Richard A
Plugable Technologies
https://plugable.com/support

I’ve tried both wired and wireless and they act the same. Using the original cables provided with you docking station. The keyboard and mouse is plugged into the KVM so one keyboard and mouse will control right now 2 laptops. So keyboard/mouse is connected to the kvm and kvm cables have 1 hdmi and then it splits it out to USB/speaker line/hdmi. im using a Logitech MK570 keyboard/mouse and it connects to usb output on KVM. Usb is 2.0 on kvm. I tried disconnecting one monitor from your doling station and no help. I have 2 27 inch spectre 1080 75 he monitors connected.

Thanks for the information and all of your helpful troubleshooting.

One thing we want to try is an update to the Intel Management Engine. Dell released a patch that changes a Windows Registry entry related to the Intel Management Engine that is not Dell exclusive which has resolved these issues for several of our customers using a range of different host systems from different manufacturers. We recommend to try installing this and see if it helps.

https://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER03471411M/13/Dell_Dock_USB_TYPE-C_PATCH_2K0JJ_A00_SETUP_ZPE.exe

Hopefully that will do it, so let me know if this helps things.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.