Keyboard and Mouse Stopped Working Through Dock

Just bought this docking station. First time I plugged it in, everything worked great. I unplugged to go to a meeting, and then upon returning and plugging back in, the keyboard and mouse no longer worked. The lights on both will just throb/flash as if there’s a connection problem. When I plug both directly into my laptop, everything works fine, but it kind of defeats the purpose of a dock. PLEASE HELP!

Hi Gururas, thanks for posting! Sorry to hear that your keyboard and mouse are not working while connected to our dock and I’ll be happy to help. Thanks for the description of the behavior. Just to clarify, are you using a wireless keyboard and mouse or are they both wired and connected to our dock? Pending that information and based off of your description, we’ll want to see if a USB Hub reset will help change the behavior. To do so, please follow these steps:

1. Disconnect USB hub from power and computer and wait for 120 seconds (also disconnect all peripherals from USB Hub)
  2. Connect USB hub to power only and wait for another 10 seconds
  3. Connect USB hub to computer and test all USB ports with your USB mouse or keyboard

If that helps, great! If not, we’ll want to examine some log files to see if they can tell us what is happening. To help us do so please download and run our diagnostic utility PlugDebug –> http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug with everything connected. When the utility completes it will notify you a file has been created and provide our direct email support address to send the file (support@plugable.com). Please send the file to that address with ‘Ticket 147905’ in the subject line so we can match everything up.

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

To answer your question, both my mouse and keyboard are (were) connected to the dock. Currently, I’ve plugged them directly into the USB ports on my laptop, since that is the only way they will work at this point.

Question for you: What do you mean by the USB Hub? When you say disconnect the USB Hub from power and computer, do you mean disconnect the dock?

Hi Gururas,

Thanks for getting back. By disconnecting the “USB Hub” I did mean the dock, sorry for the confusion. The steps are to reset the USB Hubs that are inside of our dock.

If the USB hub reset steps don’t help, please send us a log file from your system to our direct support email at support@plugable.com with Ticket 147905 in the subject line. We’ll examine the logs and determine next steps from there.

Thanks,

David