Issues with MacOS 12.0.1 Monterey?

It appears booting with my TBT3-UDV connected causes my Intel Macbook Pro(16 inch, 2019) to crash during bootup. I get to the login screen, but after logging in the Mac crashes to off. This happens during that first “white apple and white progress bar” screen.

Also, connecting the TBT3-UDV to my Mac while running (booted without it connected) can cause all sorts of results. Sometimes it will freeze the machine. Sometimes it will run, but with only one display active. And sometimes it will run OK, but the Mac will crash to off when it goes to sleep.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting!

My name is Bob and I believe I have helped you on several occasions over the past through years with your Plugable TBT3-UDV docking station and I would be happy to help you again.

The behavior you describe is not expected, and to the best of our knowledge we have not received any similar reports.

As a result of the unexpected behavior, our next step is to get some additional information.

Can you please keep the dock connected to your Mac (even if not working fully as expected) and send the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug → https://plugable.com/pages/plugdebug to our direct support email address support@plugable.com with ‘For ticket #- 360505’ in the subject line?

That will allow us to examine some log files from your system in order to help determine the next steps.

** Please do not post the PlugDebug file here in our public forum **

Apologies again for the frustration, and thank you for giving us the chance to help again!

Bob
Plugable Technologies

Bob,

I performed further troubleshooting by disconnecting all peripherals and connecting them again one by one. It now appears that the TBT3-UDV is not the issue. The issue was an inexpensive USB-C to HDMI dongle.

You can go ahead and close the support ticket. I will keep you apprised if I have any more issues. Also you can close out this thread.

Thanks for the help!
Chris

Hi Chris,

Thank you for getting back to us with the update!

I appreciate the additional troubleshooting that you have performed, and I am glad to hear you were able to isolate the cause of the behavior.

I thank you as well for sharing the solution in this specific case, as it will help us to help others moving forward.

Thank you for your patience throughout the process, and please let us know if you need any help in the future!

Bob