Issue setting up two monitors with laptop

i have the UD-3900 model and i am trying to connect two monitors. I can only get the one monitor and my laptop up. Once I close my laptop the one monitor goes black. the second monitor won’t come up at all.

Hi Tammy,

Thank you for posting, and I would be happy to help with your new docking station!

It sounds like there may be two separate issues happening, so let’s first address what is happening when the laptop lid is closed.

Windows has special power management settings that control what happens when the laptop lid is closed, and it sounds like the system is presently set to go to sleep when the lid is closed and as a result that is causing the one monitor connected to the dock to stop working. Assuming that is in fact the case, these settings need to be changed. To do so:

1. Please right-click on the Start button and select ‘Power Options’ from the menu.

2. From the choices present on the left-hand side of the Power Options window, please click on ‘Choose what closing the lid does’. ** Important note – if you are running the Creators Update (or newer) to Windows 10, you will have click on the ‘Additional power settings’ option to access this window **

3. Make sure the setting for ‘When I close the lid’ under the ‘Plugged In’ column is set to ‘Do Nothing’. Click the ‘Save Changes’ button and restart the system, making sure that the laptop’s power adapter is also connected, and test the behavior again. ** It is important that the laptop’s original power adapter is connected, given that the Plugable dock does not provide power to the system **

Please let me know if that helps with the lid closing behavior, and we will determine the next steps from there.

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support