Is there any way of making this device work with a Mac?

I recently bought two Plugable Docking stations (this one and a UD-6950-EU, the vertical version) in order to use with my PC and my Mac. I have since learned that at least the vertical version doesn’t support macOs and perhaps neither does this one, the 6950H-EUA, although somewhere else it does seem to suggest it can work with a Mac, and at least one user in this support forum refers to trying to use it in a Mac, to which support hasn’t responded that this device isn’t compatible.
At any rate, could you please confirm whether or not this particular device could be used with a Mac and, if so, where I could download the specific driver to use with macOS 10.12.6
Thank you!

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us, I am happy to help!

While we do not support or recommend these docking stations for use with Apple systems due to reduced graphics performance and some compatibility problems, there is a driver provided by DisplayLink for macOS 10.12.6 that should work to enable the displays. DisplayLink is the manufacturer of the chipset in our USB 3 docking stations, both the UD-6950-EU and UD-6950H-UEA, that drives the external displays, network, and audio outputs.

DisplayLink’s macOS driver is available here ( https://www.displaylink.com/downloads/macos ) for macOS Sierra 10.12.6 the Release: 4.3.1 is the most recent version.

For installation:

1. Download the driver from DisplayLink’s website
  2. Navigate to your Downloads folder and double-click on the DisplayLink driver download
  3. The disk image of the driver will mount, and automatically open the DisplayLink Installer main landing page, double-click on the ‘DisplayLink Software Installer.pkg’ file
  4. Follow the setup instructions to install the DisplayLiunk software on the computer
  5. When completed you should be prompted to restart the computer, if not please restart the computer

Please let me know if this helps, or if you have any additional questions, I am happy to help!

Pat
Plugable Technology
support@plugable.com

Hello,

We’re closing this thread due to inactivity, but if you have any further questions please feel free to contact support@plugable.com and we’ll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Pat
Plugable Technologies
support@plugable.com