Is the Plugable USB 3.0 Sharing Switch compatible with a Brydge

I just bought a Plugable USB 3.0 Sharing Switch. However, I have a Brydge docking station. It does not work with the switch. I cannot switch between my desktop and laptop. Are these two compatible?

This is my Brydge docking station, is this compatible? - https://www.amazon.com/Brydge-Expansion-Compatible-Supports-Multiple/dp/B09YX9LRZQ/ref=asc_df_B09YX9LRZQ/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=693369603354&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=3557680796203788420&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1022358&hvtargid=pla-1662971733258&psc=1&mcid=9043b895580f38b182af0749245efc40&gad_source=1

If docking station is not compatible, can you please provide one with one that is compatible?

Hi Hassan,

Thank you for contacting Plugable! I would be happy to provide additional information regarding our products.

Unfortunately, Plugable does not offer a USB-C “A/B” switch that allows for a USB-C device (supporting USB-C DP video) to be toggled between computers. This kind of device is possible to create but is very technically complex to implement.

While the there are existing USB-C KVMs like from companies like Sabrent or IOGear, these devices only obtain a USB-C input, then just switch the display signal and USB. They do not switch USB-C signal itself, which means that they wouldn’t work 100% through USB-C docks.

If this sounds unsatisfactory, I would recommend returning this unit under Amazon’s 30-day hassle free return window (or other distributor).

Thank you!

Ryoma
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.