Is my USB serial converter that I purchased for Windows 8/64 bit compatible with USB 3.0?

I am trying to connect with my DST (automotive tuner) which is a working device, I proved the DST works on another (slow) computer with XP SP2 and USB 2.0, but can’t get it working on Windows 8/64 bit with USB3.0 ports.

Hi Bob,

Thanks for posting your question here, we’ll be able to help. The USB 3.0 port in your computer should definitely be backward compatible with USB 2.0 devices. To the USB to Serial cable it will look like a standard USB 2.0 port.

To troubleshoot, first try another USB 2.0 device like a simple wired USB mouse. If it works, then the port should be functioning correctly with USB 2.0 devices.

Next try connecting the USB to Serial cable and either allow the drivers to install from Windows update or install from the following link:

http://plugable.com/products/pl2303-d…

If it’s still not working, look at device manager and see if there is an error reported. If so, let us know error you see.

The next thing to check is if the program you are using to communicate with the DST is Windows 8 compatible.

Please send the details of the error message you are seeing in device manager (if any), and the details of your DST over to us at support@plugable.com along with your Amazon order id and we’ll be able to figure out the best next steps.

Thanks,
Jerome.