iPad Pro connectivity

With the new release of extended displays in iPados, I’m wondering if this dock will work with an iPad Pro. Caltech openly advertises compatibility but I can’t seem to find anything about this dock (which I have). Can this be used with an iPad Pro with thunderbolt?

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support! I’d be more than happy to assist you.

At this time we do not yet know if our TBT3-UDZ Thunderbolt 3 dock will be compatible with the future iPadOS 16 on M1 based iPad Pros with Thunderbolt support. Once public betas of the new iPadOS are available we will begin testing, but until then we’re unable to confirm or deny compatibility. My apologies!

Please don’t hesitate to let us know of other questions.

Thanks again for contacting Plugable support and best wishes!

Joshua Henry
Senior Engineer | Product Owner
Plugable Technologies

Hi there - thank you for the response. Now that beta is available, is this being tested? Also, are there drivers available for the current version of iPad os, simply to project the screen.

You’re most welcome, happy to help.

You asked:_ _

1. “Now that beta is available, is this being tested?”
    Unfortunately, the public beta is not yet available to us. (Currently it appears that only the developer beta is available.) For the public betas Apple currently states: _“New public betas for iOS 16, iPadOS 16, macOS Ventura, tvOS 16, HomePod software version 16 and watchOS 9 are coming soon.” _

Once the public betas are available we’ll of course begin testing (we expect the public beta should be available next month).

1. “Also, are there drivers available for the current version of iPad os, simply to project the screen.”
    Any support for a Thunderbolt dock like this will have to be built into iPadOS, additional support cannot be added with any third party drivers.

A single display (mirrored) may already work with an M1 iPad Pro with Thunderbolt, however, we have not tested the TBT3-UDZ with the iPad Pro and the current iPadOS version to know for certain.

Best wishes,
Josh

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.