Inverted Image in Extend mode

I attached a Samsung SyncMaster 920T monitor to my laptop (Windows 10) via the UD-3900 (DVI cable). In Duplicate or Second Monitor Only mode everything works fine. When I switch to Extend mode the monitor image is inverted while the laptop image remains OK. How can I fix this? Thanks!

Hi John,

Thank you for posting!

The UD-3900 docking station has no ability to control the configuration of the attached displays on its own. The configuration of the attached displays is controlled completely by Windows via the Display Settings application.

Given your description of the behavior, the first thing to double-check is that the ‘Display orientation’ of the display is configured properly when the display is configured in ‘Extend’ mode.

To do so, please follow these steps:

1. Open the ‘Display Settings’ application by right-clicking on an empty space within your desktop and selecting ‘Display Settings’ from the context menu that appears. ** Make sure the Display Settings application is located within your laptop’s built-in internal display, so we can continue to access it easily throughout the process **

2. Click the ‘Identify’ button at the top of the Display Settings window to identify which display Windows thinks is which.

3. Click on the display number at the top of the window that represents the Samsung display to make sure it is selected (most likely this will be display #2).

4. Once the Samsung display is selected, scroll down to the ‘Display orientation’ section within Display Settings. If the current selection has ‘(flipped)’ in the name, then that is the cause of the problem. Please change the selection to one that does NOT have ‘(flipped’) in the name (annotated example screenshot below).

5. Once changed, the display should now show the new orientation and Windows will prompt you to ‘Keep’ or ‘Revert’ the change. Please click on ‘Keep’ to accept the change.

Please let us know if that helps!

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies

Bob, Thank you for your prompt reply! After following your clear directions and figuring out Scale and Layout, and Multiple Displays options I was able to correct the problem. Everything seems to be working fine now.

Thanks again for your help!

John

Thank you for getting back to us with the update John, and we are glad we could be of help.

Please let us know if you need any help in the future, and please have a good day!

Bob

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.